GamePoint is looking for a Sysadmin
Tuesday, May 14, 2013 at 13:57
Full time function at our office in Den Haag, the Netherlands
GamePoint has been on the cutting edge of online gaming for over a decade. Our Dutch, German and International platforms are a meeting place for millions of people and feature an extensive collection of realtime multiplayer games, aimed at keeping people entertained and engaged. Our platforms have been localized in over a dozen languages and are available via our own portals, partner websites and major social networks.
What we look for in a Sysadmin
Are you hands on with the mentality to get things done?
Are you creative, meticulous and willing to go the extra mile to get the job done?
Are you willing to join in at a young company headed for greatness?
As Sysadmin you will be working on all aspects of the linux side of our GamePoint platforms:
- Dutch (Spelpunt.nl, partners and social networks)
- German (GamePoint.de, partners and social networks)
- International (GamePoint.com, partners and social networks)
GamePoint’s Dutch technology team now features roughly a dozen people.
Example projects as a sysadmin:
• MySQL High Availability project
• Implementation and testing of redundant networking setup (server-side)
• Migrate hardware to VMWare
• Heartbeat HA setup of nameservers
• VMWare implemenation into Zabbix
The sysadmin has the following qualifications:
- Expert in Debian/Ubuntu linux
- Professional experience as MySQL DBA
- Sysadmin’s programming toolkit: shell scripting, perl, php
- The personality to match the dynamic field of digital media and –entertainment
- The ability to manage incidental challenges during non-business hours
- Self-supporting and flexible.
- Affinity with (casual) games.
- A completed MBO, Bachelor or Master degree in an applicable field.
- 1-5 years of experience.
- A competitive salary
- A fun and casual work environment
If you are interested send an email with your cv to : firstname.lastname@example.org