GamePoint is looking for a Marketing Intern!
Monday, October 13, 2014 at 10:00
1-5 years of experience
Students completing Bachelor or Master Studies in the area of Business, Marketing or Communication.
The Hague, Netherlands
GamePoint has been on the cutting edge of online gaming for over a decade. Our Dutch, German and International platforms are a meeting place for millions of people and feature an extensive collection of multiplayer games, aimed at keeping people entertained and engaged. Our platforms have been localized in over a dozen languages and are available via our own portals, partner websites and major social networks.
Are you an ace networker with the sales- and marketing skills to boot?
Are you creative, motivated and willing to go the extra mile?
Do you want to build experience in the Gaming industry?
As Marketing Intern you will be supporting Marketing activities on our GamePoint platforms:
- Dutch (Spelpunt.nl)
- German (GamePoint.de)
- International (GamePoint.com)
GamePoint’s business development team currently features 5 people and is looking to grow to at least 6 people over the next year.
GamePoint Marketing & Business Development is centered on:
- Content Partners: Partner websites that feature GamePoint games. Business Development is in charge of partner acquisition and – management.
- User acquisition: Multi-channel advertising campaigns. Business Development is in charge of setting up and monitoring campaigns.
- Advertising: Advertisers and Media Agencies advertising on GamePoint websites and/or applications. Business Development is in charge of sales and account management.
The MI has the following qualifications:
- Fluent in English and Dutch, other European languages are a pré
- Analytical skills aimed at optimizing campaign results and partner revenue
- The personality to match the dynamic field or digital media and –entertainment
- The ability to manage incidental challenges during non-business hours
- The willingness and confidence to do ‘cold calling’
- In the progress of completing a Bachelor or Master study in the area of Business, Marketing or Communication.
- Market conform compensation
- A fun and casual work environment
- Tons of growth opportunities
mail firstname.lastname@example.org with your motivation + cv
Social Media Intern
Monday, October 13, 2014 at 10:00
Scheveningen (The Hague), The Netherlands
Tasks & Responsibilities
• Execute the social media strategy for GamePoint’s social media properties on Facebook (over 1 million fans and counting)
• Create, analyze and optimize social media content for our pages on Facebook
• Iterate on the existing social media strategy, working directly with our community operations- and growth teams
• Currently enrolled in a relevant school (commercial economics, communications, etc)
• Verifiable experience in managing social media
• Excellent written English, additional languages a pre
• Excellent analytical skills
• Creativity and the ability to communicate your ideas
• Must love games
Why become an intern at GamePoint?
We have a history of hiring our interns (over 50 percent so far) and therefore hold potential interns to a (very) high standard. If you do make the cut…. You’re in for a ride.
GamePoint has been around for over a decade and a half, making us one of the veterans of the (social) game industry. Millions of people worldwide play our games on Facebook, mobile devices and our own websites. Everyone within the company has the chance to influence what those people experience when playing a GamePoint game.
If that hasn’t gotten you enthusiastic yet, how about:
• Regular company events including getaways, drinks at the beach, volleyball, gaming nights and more
• The opportunity to get a taste for every department of the company, including a few days with the growth team or our superstar game development team
• The opportunity to visit relevant conferences throughout Europe
• Extensive training and development
• The best addition to your CV you could ever want if you’re looking to break into the game industry
mail email@example.com with your motivation + cv
GamePoint Launches GamePoint Poker on Facebook
Monday, July 21, 2014 at 19:18
GamePoint Launches GamePoint Poker on Facebook; Expands Social Casino Offering With Popular Card game
GamePoint Poker Available Today Exclusively on Facebook and GamePoint.com
THE HAGUE, Jul. 21, 2014 – GamePoint, one of the world’s leading synchronous multiplayer social game developers, today expands its range of social casino games with the launch of GamePoint Poker, a new web based card game. GamePoint Poker is available today exclusively on GamePoint.com and Facebook worldwide. GamePoint Poker joins the suite of GamePoint social casino games including GamePoint Bingo and Royaldice.
“We’re proud of this latest addition to our suite of social casino games. After extensive testing by some of our most committed GamePoint players on our own portals, we feel we’re ready to present GamePoint Poker to the world by launching it on Facebook canvas. GamePoint has always been a strong player in the synchronous multiplayer and social casino spaces. Poker was a bit of a no-brainer, but we wanted to do it right. With GamePoint Poker, I feel we’ve created something that our players will love,” said Rik Haandrikman, Director of Business Development, GamePoint.
Where Las Vegas style casino Poker has been done often, GamePoint Poker offers an experience that closely resembles the way most people play Poker in day to day life: with friends. A truly social experience that aims to cultivate interpersonal relationships, GamePoint Poker follows a rich tradition of GamePoint games where communicating and getting to know your fellow players takes center stage. The use of Facebook Connect gives players the opportunity to find their friends and will power future seamless multiplayer across multiple devices.
GamePoint Poker is the most social Poker game available allowing players to engage in conversation, build connections and form friendships in a frictionless, natural fashion. The game invites players to interact over an exciting and visually-stunning game of cards where playing is more important than winning. Native Facebook functionality including gifting, sharing and cross platform login compliments the innate high retention of multiplayer gaming and makes for a game that has proven to be incredibly sticky, keeping players in the Beta glued to the game for an average of close to two hours a day.
The inclusion of Facebook-owned Parse for ingame tracking and CRM purposes preludes deeper integration in a mobile version of GamePoint Poker expected later this year.
GamePoint Poker is available for free on Facebook on http://apps.facebook.com/gppoker, on the GamePoint portal http://www.gamepoint.com/poker and is coming soon to Apple iPad. The GamePoint Poker community can be found via Facebook on the GamePoint Poker fan page https://www.facebook.com/PokerGP
More details on the development and philosophy behind GamePoint Poker will be shared during the ‘Merits of Multiplayer’ talk held by GamePoint Director of Business Development – Rik Haandrikman and Director of Game Development – Bob Christoff at Casual Connect San Francisco on Wednesday July the 23th.
GamePoint is a leading developer of synchronous multiplayer social games, which include top performing web and mobile games such as GamePoint Bingo, Cardparty and Royaldice. GamePoint games are played by millions of people around the world through the GamePoint.com portal, Facebook, Apple iOS, Google Android and many partner websites. GamePoint is headquartered in The Hague, The Netherlands. Learn more about GamePoint at http://www.gamepoint.net
(0031) 70 3110 110
Meet us at Casual Connect SF 2014
Tuesday, May 13, 2014 at 13:59
From July 22 till July 24 of 2014, the entire casual gaming industry will travel to the stunningly beautiful San Francisco Bay area for another edition of Casual Connect. In good tradition GamePoint will attend the event as Platinum Sponsors. We will setting up shop in the main hall with our sponsor booth and invite you to come over for a chat. We will be able to tell you all about GamePoint’s unstoppable international growth and the areas where we are looking for partners to join us for the journey.
At Casual Connect we will be looking for partners that can help us accelerate growth in the mobile space, as well as partners that can drive users to our web applications or even want to include our content on their web properties.
Naturally Casual Connect is also about learning. That’s why we will be hosting multiple sessions at the conference to share stories about our success and our mistakes. Feel free to join the discussion, follow Casual Connect’s website at casualconnect.org to find out exact times and topics closer to the event. Also if you are a speaker at the event, GamePoint will be hosting a speakers dinner where everybody will get the chance to share stories with fellow speakers and of course enjoy some nice food and beverages.
Want to schedule a meeting? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
See you in San Francisco!