GamePoint is looking for Artist (2D)
Wednesday, March 11, 2015 at 17:27
• Are you sensitive to aesthetic needs of demographics other than your own?
• Are you creative, technically skilled and able to deliver quality at speed?
• Are you a multi-disciplinary designer with a feel for print, screen and interactive media? We might be looking for you!
As Artist (2D) you will assist our design team in creating all visuals for the various GamePoint platforms. This will include, among others:
• Ad creatives for print, web and mobile
• Community communication creatives like newsletters, banners and social media content
• Static game elements and animations
You will need, at least, the following qualifications:
• Extensive knowledge of Flash, Photoshop and Illustrator
• Fluent in English, knowledge of Dutch is a pre
• Sensitivity to the aesthetic needs of our target demographics
• The ability to manage incidental challenges during non-business hours
• Affinity with casual games
• A portfolio showing experience in both static and dynamic design
• Experience in the industry is a definite plus
• A fun and casual work environment
• An in-office game room
• The chance to have your creations seen by millions!
Peaked your interest? Of course we did! Drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org Today!
Bingo by GamePoint launches on iPhone and iPod touch
Monday, December 22, 2014 at 13:23
Today GamePoint announced it has launched the mobile version of its hit social game GamePoint Bingo exclusively for iPhone and iPod touch. It can be found in the iTunes store under the name Bingo by GamePoint where it joins a version for iPad that has been in open Beta for several months. By combining traditional bingo gameplay with state-of-the-art social features including mass 500+ player chat and cross-game private messaging, Bingo by GamePoint recreates the lively atmosphere found in real bingo halls across the world on your mobile device.
Bingo by GamePoint is a mobile social bingo game, where players simultaneously play up to fifteen bingo cards. “Our aim has always been offering a close simulation of the real bingo hall experience. Doing that on mobile has been a challenge resulting in over 2 years of development. With the help of a group of very fanatical GamePoint Bingo players (thanks all!), we’ve managed to integrate almost all features the game has on web, while still presenting it in a package that makes sense on a mobile phone,” says Amon Endt, CEO at GamePoint. “Admittedly, development took a bit longer than we had anticipated, but we feel that the product profited immensely from the time we put in.”
Some unique features in Bingo by GamePoint
- Authentic Bingo gameplay (no crazy power-ups or arcade type mechanics)
- Synchronous mass chat (up to 500 people per room, cross room private chat, cross game private chat) which resizes cards when opened, which allows for simultaneous chat AND gameplay
- An established, heavily engaged community of people that met, formed friendships, fell in love and even had children based on GamePoint Bingo’s chat and interaction
- Multiple prizes per card per user (Won a line? Game’s not finished. You might also win another prize or even prizes)
- Cross room, cross region Jackpot rounds (SuperBingos), that trigger after a pot is filled by users in dozens or even hundreds of rooms simultaneously
“Our hope is that users that now play our game on GamePoint.com or on Facebook canvas will find the time to play Bingo by GamePoint when they’re on the road or find themselves without a PC. By connecting with Facebook, users can easily find their friends, exchange gifts and share their Bingo experiences with others,” according to Rik Haandrikman, Director of Business Development. “We’re confident that our current players will be able to experience all facets of the game they know and love on a new platform, while new players will find Bingo by GamePoint a truly unique bingo experience on a mobile phone. We’re looking forward to continuing development of our first true mobile game with our players and partners worldwide.”
Bingo by GamePoint is available for free from the App Store on iPhone, iPad and iPod touch or at www.appstore.com
Founded in 1998, GamePoint is the leading synchronous multiplayer social game developer. Its focus on multiplayer gameplay and community building has resulted in a tight-knit community of millions that spend billions of minutes every month playing GamePoint’s games on a wide variety of platforms. Best
Customer Service Representative – Dutch & English (Full-time)
Wednesday, December 10, 2014 at 09:42
As our Customer Service Representative – Dutch & English you will deal with questions and problems from our users. You are the voice of the company and also the first point of contact for our player community. You will answer a wide range of customer inquiries relating to our products, thus helping to improve our customers’ satisfaction.
This position is for our office in Den Haag, Netherlands.
• Be on hand to advise and help our players in case of questions and problems
• Get to know our games inside out so you can answer any questions from our player community
• Respond to player questions by quickly finding solutions to technical problems and bugs
• Your goal: Encourage player loyalty by providing our players with outstanding service
• Excellent in Dutch and English
• You are open, friendly and a genuine team player
• Ability to retain an overview of the situation even when there are lots of customer inquiries to deal with
• Some professional experience in customer contact (online is a plus)
• Affinity with casual games. Experience in the industry is a definite plus
• The ability to manage incidental and planned challenges during non-business hours
• An exciting job where you can assume responsibility and develop professionally
• A dynamic team with friendly, highly-qualified colleagues from all over the world
• Strong, sustainable growth and fresh challenges every day
mail email@example.com with your motivation + cv
GamePoint reaches 10 million active registration milestone
Wednesday, November 5, 2014 at 17:02
THE HAGUE, Nov 5, 2014 – GamePoint, one of the world’s leading synchronous multiplayer social game developers, reached their 10 million active registration milestone today following several months of exceptionally strong performance for their flagship titles GamePoint Bingo and Royaldice both on Facebook canvas and their own website www.gamepoint.com
“We couldn’t be more proud of reaching this milestone” said Rik Haandrikman, Director of Business Development, GamePoint. “With over half of those 10 million active registered users originating in the last 2 years, we’ve seen more players discovering our games now than in any other time during our 16-year existence. The rigorous product improvements of the last year or so are definitely paying off both in terms of players and financially. The latter is especially interesting, because it has allowed us to go on a bit of a recruiting drive which has seriously beefed up our talent pool. We expect GamePoint’s launches in the next couple of quarters to turn some heads.”
With sizable playerbases in over a dozen countries and a razorsharp focus on community and conversation, GamePoint games are a hotbed of human interaction with friendships and relationships popping up frequently. “We feel that the fact that we give players a place to connect to others on a human level makes us stand out from the crowd. We’re about more than just playing a game: We’re about building relationships,” according to Amon Endt, CEO. That all that relationship building pays off, is shown best by checking out GamePoint’s chart-topping engagement numbers with average time spent per day per active user at 92 minutes.
A series of improvements made to the GamePoint suite of social (casino) games over the last year or so has proven very successful in increasing that engagement even further. “We had two missions going into this latest series of changes,” according to Bob Christof, Director of Game Development: “We wanted to increase time spent and we wanted to further leverage our relationship with Facebook by improving on our integration with their platform. The latest registration bump is definitely due to that focus on using the organic discovery channels the Facebook platform offers”.
GamePoint Bingo is available for free on Facebook on http://apps.facebook.com/bingooo, on the GamePoint portal http://www.gamepoint.com/bingo and Apple iPad. A launch on iPhone is slated for Q4 of 2014 and Android will follow shortly after.
GamePoint is a leading developer of synchronous multiplayer social games, which include top performing web and mobile games such as GamePoint Bingo, Cardparty and Royaldice. GamePoint games are played by millions of people around the world through the GamePoint.com portal, Facebook, Apple iOS, Google Android and many partner websites. GamePoint is headquartered in The Hague, The Netherlands. Learn more about GamePoint at http://www.gamepoint.net.